Friday, July 15, 2011

Emergent Interest in Cybernetics ...or?

The American Society of Cybernetics recently received the following request.  Does this represent an upsurge in interest or further uncritical pursuit of all things cybernetic as with Adam Curtis?  Any offers?

"My name is Claire Perrier and I am currently working with the filmmaker Philippe Borrel who is directing a 90 minute documentary about the convergent technologies revolution for the French and German cultural channel Arte TV. I am in charge of the research and collecting of the archive video footage. The film is produced by the French production company Cinétévé and will be broadcasted in 2012.

The filmmaker will talk in his film about the beginning and the history of the cybernetic sciences and researches. I am looking for some archival footage that would tell this story : interviews from the first cybernetic scientists like Norbert Wiener, the Macy conferences, other meetings, researches, interviews, archival news, etc... Anything that would allow us to tell this story and show how the cybernetics started. We are looking for archival footage, but if none existed, we would also be interested in archival photographies.

I would be very grateful to you if you could tell me who I should contact for this research or where I could find such archives.

Thanks a lot for your answer and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information regarding this project.

Best regards,

Claire

Claire Perrier de la Bâthie
Archive footage researcher
Cinétévé
4, Quai des Célestins
75004 Paris - France

No comments: